Outings / Community Events
Besides our monthly meetings and local sport shows participation, we host a number of community outreach events and outings. This includes active participation in voluntary community events such as Kids Fishing Derbies, Take-A-Vet Fishing day, Special Needs Children Fishing Clinic, etc. We also support and volunteer for High School Fishing Club events.
Here are specific community service outings we donated our time to this recent past:
2021: (click on link below to see event pictures)
- Cook County Forest Preserve – Busse Lake Kids Fishing Derby – June 19 2021
- Special Needs Kids Fishing Derby – Big Bear Lake, Vernon Hills – July 28, 2021
- Crab Tree Nature Center Cook County Forest Preserve – June – Kids Casting Derby
- Silver Games Fishing Derby – Sept. – Friendship Village Retirement Home
- Plainfield South High School – Boat Captains for fishing tournaments
- Take a Vet Fishing Tournament – Fox Chain of Lakes
- Toys for Tots Christmas Donation to Toy Drive ( averaging over 70 toys per year donated by club)
Club members volunteer in excess of 200 hours per year in these and other activities with the intent of fostering broad interest in fishing and the outdoors.
In addition, the club also hosts an annual picnic/barbecue in August and in December we have a holiday party at a local restaurant. Family members and spouses/partners are welcome to participate in these fishing outings and club social events.
Club members are encouraged to login to the Members Only section to get further up-to-date details and club info. Please visit the link to stay current. Due to unforeseen conditions, some activities may have changed.